Princes Wharf Apartments
The Princes Wharf complex was developed in the late 1990's on the original 1924 commercial wharf on the Auckland waterfront, the six shipping sheds have been redesigned and built to look like a liner. Sheds 22, 23 and 24 are on the western side with views across to the National Maritime Museum & Marina, the Harbour Bridge and the upper Waitemata Harbour. The western side is still used by smaller vessels such as the training yacht The Spirit of New Zealand. Shed 19, 20 and 21 are on the eastern side with views across to Queens Wharf, the ferry terminal and out to the harbour, the North Shore and Rangitoto Island. The wharf is still a working wharf and although the overseas cruise terminal was relocated to Queens Wharf in 2013, during the cruising season some liners still berth on the eastern side of Princes Wharf.
The wharf is now home to the Hilton Hotel, the Princes Wharf Private Apartments, some commercial offices, carparking and a variety of cafes and restaurants.