Ready to Make your Property a Rental?
Posted by Quinovic Viaduct on
The Auckland Apartment Market is Hot!
With the current trend towards ever-increasing apartment building, many owners/investors will be entering the market and looking for a return by way of rental income for all or part of the year.
Rentals may be short or long term, furnished or unfurnished.
There is plenty of demand for long-term unfurnished apartments, especially in Auckland.
Short term fully-furnished serviced apartments are set to be in increasing demand to meet a chronic shortage of hotel rooms in Auckland.
Whatever form of rental is envisaged it is critical that presentation of the property to prospective tenants is of the highest standard.
Here are eight tips to guide new landlords on the rental journey.
1. First impressions are everything - clean the property and present it well. Remove as much of your personal items as possible.
2. Touch up the painted walls, professionally clean the carpet and replace old or damaged furniture - fresh paint, new carpet and smart furniture makes your potential tenant feel at home immediately. Create the standard so that your tenant knows how you expect them to return the property back to you.
3. Mirrors bring in light and reflect views into an apartment. If you are lacking views from the property use art works to create a view/style within the rooms.
4. Make sure the property has the style in paint/furniture/soft furnishings that is consistent. Don’t mix styles and try to choose what suits the development, location and size of the property rather than your own personal tastes.
5. Make the beds with fresh linen & towels, clean curtains, and set out the home with items that make the benches, kitchen, bathrooms look practical and spacious.
6. If you want to stand out in the crowded market of rental properties you have only seconds to catch the eye of the renter. Make sure your listing photos are emotive and the captions support the image you are wanting to create.
7. Remember to include the date the property is available from and all your contact details!
8. If the property is occupied while you are advertising it, rather than reducing the rent to compensate offer an added benefit to your existing tenant such as a complimentary clean prior to open homes together with some added touches as fresh flowers and/or a bottle of their favourite wine.
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015